NFTC 2 days Training on Engineering Education
(14 – 15 April 2022)
The NFTC 2-Day Training on Engineering Education was held on April 14th and 15th, 2022 virtually on Zoom. The training was hosted by NPU-FEIAP “Belt and Road” Engineering Education Training Center (NFTC) and supported by CAST, China Association of Science and Technology. This training was conducted with support of FAEO who helped to in the East Africa Region. The speaker of this training is Academician Professor. Ir. Dr. Chuah Hean Teik, Chairman of FEIAP Standing Committee on Engineering Education. A total of 273 participants attended the training on the first day, and 226 on the second day, with participants from China, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Kenya, Zambia, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Cambodia, and Mauritius etc., attended the training.
The objectives of the training are:
- to explain outcome-based education, including its definition, essential components, and so on.
- to facilitate participants to have understanding of programme education objectives (PEO’S), programme outcomes (PO’s), course outcomes (CO) and performance indicators; Bloom’s learning taxonomy; Assessment and evaluation methods, and continual quality improvement process.
- to discuss engineering education and Bloom’s taxonomy.
- to help participants understand constructive alignment for PEO/PO/CO in engineering education through personal experiences.
- to have in-depth discussion with participants.
- NFTC 2 days Training on Engineering Education (14 – 15 April 2022) – Report
- Day 1: OBE New Attributes – Tan Sri Dato’ Ir. Prof. Dr Chuah Hean Teik
- Day 2: OBE New Attributes (Example from UTAR) – Tan Sri Dato’ Ir. Prof. Dr Chuah Hean Teik
- Day 2: Bloom’s Taxonomy and SLT – Tan Sri Dato’ Ir. Prof. Dr Chuah Hean Teik