The Executive Board, which shall be responsible to the General Assembly, shall consist of:
- The President, the Vice President, the Secretary General, and the Immediate Past
- Representatives of Six General Members who do not hold other executive positions.
The President, the Vice President, the Immediate Past President and representatives of the Members
shall be from different member economies of FEIAP
The President of FEIAP shall be the chairman of the Executive Board.
Office-bearers shall hold office until the end of the ordinary meeting of the General Assembly two years
after their election.
If the President is unable to complete his or her term, the Vice President will assume the role for the
balance of the two-year term and the subsequent two-year term, after the approval of the General
The General Assembly may appoint a new Vice President at its next meeting.
In other cases, where a Memberâ€™s representative is no longer able to serve the Executive Board
effectively, the Member concerned may recommend a replacement for the consideration and
acceptance of the Executive Board.
The Executive Board shall submit to all Members, preferably three months in advance of the General
Assembly nominations, received from Members for the offices of the Vice President and the other
Members of the Executive Board. The Secretary General shall make adequate and appropriate
arrangements for the calling of nominations.
At the meetings of the Executive Board decisions shall be by majority vote of the members present. The
Secretary General shall have no right to vote. Each other member of the Executive Board present shall
have one vote, and if there is equality of votes, the Chairman shall have the casting vote. One half or
more of the voting members of the Executive Board shall constitute a quorum. In the event that a
member of the Executive Board is unable to attend a meeting, he/she may be represented by another of
the Executive Board as proxy.
The responsibilities of the Executive Board shall include, but not be limited to:
- Arrangements for the election of the Vice President of FEIAP and other members
of the Executive Board;
- Consideration of applications and resignations for Members of FEIAP and making
recommendations to the General Assembly;
- Consideration of proposals submitted by Members of FEIAP and making
recommendations to the General Assembly where appropriate;
- Reviewing reports by the Secretary General on the activities and finances of
FEIAP, in particular, the measures taken to implement the decisions of the
- Monitoring of the financial performance of FEIAP;
- Reviewing of the program of activities and the budget;
- Developing proposals for annual subscriptions of the Members of FEIAP for
consideration by the General Assembly;
- Appointing an auditor to conduct an annual financial audit of FEIAP;
- Selecting the recipients of the FEIAP Award of Engineering Achievement (as set
forth in the Addendum), provided that no member of the Executive Board who
represents a FEIAP Member from which a nomination for an award shall be
involved in the evaluation of the nominations or selection of the winners;
- Appointing an auditor to review the evaluation and selection process and
outcomes under Clause 7.9.8;
- Fixing of the date and the venue of the next meeting of the General Assembly;
- Other business approved by the President.
The Executive Board shall meet as often as is necessary and during each ordinary meeting of the General
Assembly. The business of the Executive Board may be conducted telephonically or electronically when
it is impracticable to conduct face-to-face meetings.
Any casual vacancy arising in the position of Vice President, Secretary General and Work Group and
Standing Committee Chairmen may be filled, on the decision of the President, for the remaining period
of the terms of office.